Further InformationLast Modified: 22nd Apr 2016
These threadlocking products stop self-loosening and will secure any threaded fastner against vibration, as well as shock loads. They are easy flowing liquids which entirely fill the gaps between mating threads. When used to assemble threaded fastners, Loctite threadlockers permanently secure threaded assemblies and eliminate fretting corrosion by creating unitised assembly.
Advantages compared to traditional mechanical locking devices:
- It prevents unwanted movement, leaks, loosening, as well as corrosion
- It resist vibration
- It is a single component which makes it easy and clean to apply
- Seal threads - allow through-hole tapping
Loctite threadlockers are available in different strengths:
- Low strength - it is removable with standard tools, good for adjustment screws, calibration screws, meters and gauges, and is suitable for thread size up to M80
- Medium strength - it is removable with hand tools, but more difficult to disassemble; good for machine tools and presses, pumps and compressors, mounting bolts, gear boxes, and is suitable for thread size up to M80
- High strength - It is very hard to dissassemble with standard hand tools and may require localised heat for removal. It is good for permanent assemblies for thread size up to M80
Surface preparation is extremely important in order to successfully use these adhesives.
- It is vital to degrease, clean and dry threads before applying adhesives. We recommend using Loctite 7063
- If the adhesive is to be applied below 5°C, pre-treatment is advised with Loctite 7649 (150ml) or Loctite 7649 (500ml)
|Bookmark & Share