Further Information about PEEK Sheets
PEEK sheet is an high performance engineering plastic with many high specification abilities. It is usually known for its great high temperature potential and its ability to retain most of its properties under extreme conditions. It also has very good fire ratings, impact resistance and has an FDA approval.
Manufacturers produce engineering plastics that are slightly oversize in either diameter and/or thickness. This oversize tolerance, which is listed in the tables below, is provided to assist customers to produce very accurate items within the size shown and remove any minor surface imperfection.
PEEK Sheet Tolerances:
Tolerance in mm
5 - 6
+0.2 to +0.7
8 - 10
+0.2 to +0.9
12 - 16 - 20 - 25
+0.3 to +1.5
30 - 36 - 40 - 50
+0.5 to +2.5
+0.5 to +3.5
80 - 100
+0.5 to +5
Typical usage for PEEK Sheet:
- Often used in underground environments due to its really good fire rating and extremely low smoke emission, which is said to rule over most other engineering plastics
- Its excellent fire ratings and sliding/wear properties also makes it a very popular plastic in the oil and gas industry
- PEEK sheet is often widely used within the medical implant sector because it is highly strong and tough and easy to process
- Other industries include food processing, as it has FDA acceptance and has a good resistance to microwaves
- It is commonly found within valves and pumps due to its heat resistance and chemical abilities
- PEEK has been used in the aerospace industry is due to a number of reasons of which include the critical fire retardancy, as well as its very low weight compared to other materials
- PEEK sheet has also been used within printers and photocopiers due to its low friction, low wear and high temperature resistance
- PEEK sheet is great for surgical instruments due to its compatibility with the high pressure autoclave process required by modern sterilisation systems.
PEEK sheet is a super high performing engineering plastic that is suitable for higher temperature applications. It is very strong, very stiff, very tough and in addition is impact resistant. PEEK sheet is V-0 fire rated and also possesses one of the highest tensile strengths of any plastic. PEEK sheet is suited to a huge range of industries including those in aerospace, medical, food, pharmaceutical, gas, and oil.
|Bookmark & Share