Further Information about PEEK Rod
PEEK rod is one of the high performance engineering plastics. It is able withstand an extreme range of conditions whilst retaining its properties. PEEK does possess many advantages that has helped transform many industries.
Manufacturers produce engineering plastics that are slightly oversize in either diameter and/or thickness for your benefit. This oversize tolerance, which is listed in the tables below, is provided to assist customers to produce very accurate items within the size shown and remove any minor surface imperfection.
PEEK Rod Tolerances:
Tolerance in mm
5 - 6
+0.1 to +0.4
8 - 10
+0.1 to +0.5
12 - 16
+0.2 to +0.9
+0.2 to +1.1
22 - 25 - 28 - 30
+0.2 to +1.2
32 - 36
+0.2 to +1.3
+0.2 to +1.5
45 - 50
+0.3 to +1.7
+0.3 to +2
60 - 65
+0.3 to +2.3
+0.3 to +2.5
+0.4 to +3
+0.5 to +3.4
+0.6 to +3.8
+0.7 to +4.2
+0.8 to +4.6
+0.9 to +5.4
+1 to +5.8
+1.1 to +6.3
+1.2 to +7.4
Advantages/Applications of PEEK Rod:
- PEEK has a vast range of applications and because of its high operating temperatures, it is chosen for high temperature bearings and rollers
- PEEK is also widely used in the medical and even implant industry and is popular for surgical instruments because it can withstand the highly repetitive sterilisation processes
- Because PEEK is FDA approved it can also be often used within the food processing industry and its excellent tolerance to microwaves is also a good aspect
- Due to its low friction and high temperature capabilities PEEK rod is also used inside printers and photocopiers as bearings and rollers
- PEEK is often found within the aerospace industry as well as ministry of defence and other similar areas
- This engineering plastic also has the highest fire rating possible which is V-0.
- Further to this, PEEK has an exceptionally low smoke or toxic gas emission value which has major advantages and safety elements
- PEEK rod is very tolerant to most forms of radiation which is helpful within the x-ray departments of hospitals, as well as the nuclear industry
High Temperature of PEEK Rod:
PEEK has outstanding high operating temperatures. It is able to operate at a constant high temperature of 260°C but can also withstand an intermittent temperature of 300°C. This factor makes PEEK stand out amongst other engineering plastics.
Fire Rating of PEEK Rod:
PEEK has the highest possible fire rating of V-0 and means that PEEK has passed flame tests beyond other plastics.
Smoke Emission of PEEK Rod:
PEEK rod has a very low smoke emission which is much lower than any other plastic.
Our PEEK 450G rod can withstand very high temperatures and is high in performance. PEEK rod has great strength and stiffness, toughness and impact resistance. PEEK rod has a V-0 fire rating and a tensile strength greater than most other engineering plastics. PEEK rod is suitable for many applications including food, aerospace, medical, pharmaceutical, oil, gas and other high performance industries.