O-rings Technical Data
Material Data for Nitrile & Viton O-rings
Nitrile rubber is still the most widely used elastomer for O-rings.
It has an excellent resistance to petroleum based oils and fuels, silicone greases, hydraulic fluids, water and alcohols. It has a great balance of working properties such as low compression set, high tensile strength, high abrasion resistance, combined with a low material costs.
- Buna N
- Standard temperature range: -40°C to +135°C
- Shore Hardness: 75 (Standard)
- Colour: Black
Viton® Orings have exceptional resistance to high temperatures up to 200°C and aggressive fuels & chemicals. Viton is now commonly used on O-rings, as well as rotary shaft seals & gaskets due to these reasons.
- Standard Temp Range: -40°C to 200°C
- Broad Chemical Resistance
- Superior Thermal Stability
- Colour: Brown/Green/Black
- Shore Hardness: 70 to 90