Loctite Thread Sealants
Further InformationLast Modified: 22nd Apr 2016
Loctite thread sealants are available in liquid form or as a sealing cord. They prevent the leakage of gasses and liquids and are designed for low, as well as high applications. They will fill space between threaded parts and provide an instant, low pressure seal. When fully cured, they will seal to the burst pressure of most pipe systems.
Advantages compared to traditional sealant types include:
- Singe-component which makes it clean and easy to apply
- It does not creep, shrink or block systems
- It can be used on any size of pipe fitting
- The seal is resistant to vibration and shock loads
- It protects mated threaded areas against corrosion
Surface preparation is extremely important in order to successfully use these adhesives.
- It is vital to degrease, clean and dry threads before applying adhesives. We recommend using Loctite 7063
- If anaerobic sealant is to be applied below 5°C, pre-treatment is advised with Loctite 7471 (150ml), Loctite 7471 (500ml), Loctite 7649 (150ml) or Loctite 7649 (500ml)
|Bookmark & Share