Further InformationLast Modified: 22nd Apr 2016
Gaskets form impervious barriers in order to prevent the leakage of fluids and gasses. Loctite gasketing products are self-forming gaskets which provide a perfect seal between the components. Upon assembly, a low-pressure seal is formed and in 24 hours will fully cure. This gives a joint that won't shrink, crack or relax.
Advantages of Loctite Gasketing products compared to traditional pre-cut compression gaskets:
- It is single-component which means it easy to apply and clean
- It fills all voids
- There is no need for retorquing
- Results in an excellent instant seal
- It has a high resistance to solvents
- It resists high pressure when it is fully cured
Surface preparation is extremely important in order to successfully use these adhesives.
- It is vital to degrease, clean and dry threads before applying adhesives. We recommend using Loctite 7063
- For maintainance and repairs, remove residues of old gaskets with Loctite 7200 and clean surfaces with Loctite 7063
- If anaerobic sealant is to be applied below 5°C, pre-treatment is advised with Loctite 7471 (150ml), Loctite 7471 (500ml), Loctite 7649 (150ml) or Loctite 7649 (500ml)
|Bookmark & Share